Monday, October 4, 2010

Yesterday I spent.....

A good portion of the day outside, 1 because the sound inside was driving me nuts. (I'm getting my master bathroom remodeled) and 2 because I had to trim back a cactus that was.....well overtaking a good part of my backyard real estate lol.Trust me you live in Arizona and have a backyard that half desert and half grass, you really need to keep an eye on the cactus back there. If you don't your pretty much screwed and then need to pay to have the landscapers fix it for you. I'll tell you this much 100+ degree weather no clouds, hardly even a breeze makes for a shitty day lol.

Anyways I was out there with my iPod on listening to some music while cutting back the cactus, and my neighbor peers his head over the brick wall (same guy I mentioned about him deciding to take acid the other day) He peered over because he heard me singing along with my iPod, he's like 'Jack Cheese' what are you listening to? (I don't know how he came about giving me the nickname of Jack Cheese, but I go along with it) So I told him today it was some Celtic, and Pagan folk, he was like kinda weird isn't it? I'm like naaa. Then jokingly he went about repeating a line from the movie 'The Burbs' The line went, I want to kill everyone, Satan is good Satan is my pal....Then I just started busting up laughing. He knows I'm an eclectic Pagan, and he always jokes like that with me.

Here are vids from 2 of the artists I was listening to, if you like Pagan folk or Celtic, then you might like these. If you've never heard either hope you will like them and I may have turned you to something a bit different then your normal music. (I listen to just about anything though Metal and hard rock are my ultimate choices.)

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.





SJ Tucker is more of an Indie artist. Where Blackmores Night is actually on a label though not as widely known as other bands.

12 comments:

  1. Trimmin' Cactus and rockin out. <- totally a sex position, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack Cheese? Well that certainly is interesting. Though it can't be as bad as the time I was listening to Like a Rock (Bob Seger) singing silently along until he came to the part "AND I STOOOOOOD ARROW STRAIGHT!" and I belted it out on teh street...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Njohn - Yup Jack Cheese. Like I said, I have no idea where that came up from, but like I mentioned in a previous comment in another post he looks like Beavis, so I just call him that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice videos man and nice blog looking forward to more like this Derp

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this post

    showing some support

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always nice to spend some time outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's never nice spending time outside in Arizona. That's why I'm a shut-in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets better once winter hit though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not too into that style of music but that girl was pretty hot man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a cactus in my backyard lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. You think 100 degrees with no wind is a shitty day? I could have an absolute ball in that weather. It's so cold down here in Sydney now.

    ReplyDelete