Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Music and desktop time.....

I'm one of those people that like a basic and clean desktop I don't like to much going on with it, that includes shortcuts, folder ect....I don't know must be a bit of OCD in me. So I use Rocket Dock for the shortcuts I use constantly. I also use a program called Fences in order to hide my desktop icons, with a double click anywhere on the desktop. (except those I don't want to hide.) Granted all I have on my desktop are torrent download folders, and few text files, and they are arranged in a specific order....yea OCD

Here's a desktop I did, some minor editing, adding the border, brightening the fairy. Wasn't one of my best, but I enjoyed it while I used it.


Quite a few of my friends know me as a big System of a Down fan. Their music is just so thought provoking. Well to me anyways. So when I heard, they were going to give themselves a break I was a bit disappointing. Well more then disappointing extremely pissed. but then I head Serj was going to be working on his own solo album, and when he said solo, he meant it. Did everything himself under his label Serjical Strike, all the music, all the instrument, and pretty much all the vocals. When Elect the Dead came out I picked it up right away, and tell you the truth, it was way different from System, but I loved the album. With the sound it's just all experimentation. He must be one of the few artists who was able to accomplish it and keep a loyal fanbase. Well that's how I see it. He just recently brought out another album called Imperfect Harmonies. Which I will talk about another time.


37 comments:

  1. i'm also a fan of clean desktops, or at least organized ones! there has to be some kind of system! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My desktop is a mess, thanks for mentioning those ways to make it look cleaner!!! weeeeeee xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think everyone should have a clean desktop, ya ?

    supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sue rocektdock i think ima give fences a try to hide some of my stuff thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serj Tankian has it all figured out...his lyrics reflects his spot-on ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting song!! i used to always be ocd with my desktop, now i dont care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw SOAD in Vancouver in 2005. One of my favourite concerts. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good song!

    And I also like to keep my desktop clean of rubbish, but with the new windows I barely use it anymore..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like to go with one that fits my icon arrangement heh, usually it has clouds/moon theme but that one is nice- too much green for me though

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this... btw, Beating Inertia has a new Q&A post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like keeping my desktop clean. I feel so... dirty and messy if I leave it cluttered. Also, I am also a big fan of System of a Down and Serj. Did you know that Daron also has his own band called 'Scars on Broadway'?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ownage - Yea I did, It's not bad. Just they need to bring out another album.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the comments you left on my last blog post were really helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Eight, lol Yea, I'm a big Absinthe fan/drinker, and was getting it imported up until it became legal in the US, I'll post my other Absinthe desktop another time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been looking for this for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My desktop is pretty clean, but that's only coz I have a new laptop :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cant stand having a cluttered desktop I have a maxium of 5 icns on it including the recylce bin haha

    great post

    ReplyDelete
  18. my desktop looks like a hurricane blew through lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice song, my desktop is completely messy but i try to hide it with an awesome wallpaper. I'll post a picture of it on my personal blog later :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. The guy in the video looks bad ass lolz, like the song tho pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was able to see SOAD in 2005 during their 'Mesmerize' tour. They had the Mars Volta opening for them with Frances the Mute. Legendary. Converted my Dad to metal haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My desktop is a terrible mess right now. I've got so many things going on between school and work I just create an icon. I've got almost 50 on one monitor and another 25 on the other!

    ReplyDelete
  23. don't you want to hold me baby! disappointed! going crazy!

    loved this song when it first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmm gotta organize my desktop and emails.. its like a nightmare right now

    ReplyDelete
  25. now that is an incredible desktop wallpaper, im stealing it lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice desktop pic! love it, also, Serj... oooh yes :D

    ReplyDelete