Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm trying to figure out......

What happened to my artistic side, I'm talking traditional art. Yea, I still do design from time to time, but I haven't picked up a brush, pencil, pen and in, conte crayon in years. I tried a couple of weeks ago to draw something and I looked at it , it sucked ass, not even close to what I was aiming for.I guess after years of not drawing you lose it. So, here's what I have for you tonight, an old drawing and a short story I did, both many years ago. Maybe I can get back into writing at least.

I did a charcoal of Rocky Horror Picture Show in the early 90's the reason you see glare is because I framed it, unfortunately I took the image with my phone so when it came out I had to do some stretching on the computer to make it look flat lol

Short story after the break....



The man looked into the mirror; his reflection looked back at him, but the reflection was not his...it was the reflection of four years of pain and suffering.."You must resist," he said to his reflection, that wan, pale creature whose eyes stared from within a corpse's face, when buried deep within was a child, a carefree, rebellious child....but that would never be revealed. No, he must strain to be perfect in everyone's eyes....to make up for the rest...those drug addicts, those remnants of eras long defunct. His main goal is to make others happy...others who would not care whether he was dead or alive... The man picked up his hairbrush and began brushing his long thin hair, which fell out in clumps as he brushed. If people would only look more closely examine him, they'd see how terribly depressed he was, but they do not care, nor will they, nor have they ever. He works endlessly to please these skeletal remains of the past....yet he does not notice that they do not care..he works on like a robot, trying to change things, trying to make everything better.. He walks across the room and enters the bathroom, where he splashes water on his face, that swollen face, ravaged from the tears of utter desolation, and as he walks back across the room, flakes of his skin begin to flutter to the floor. He collapses onto the floor and resumes his weeping. He knows that he will fall apart, and no one will care. He waits, and thinks of the few good things that have kept his life together. A slow smile spreads across his face, and for a moment he is handsome again, and as the last of his material body disintegrates, a beam of light which seems to come from nowhere illuminates his room, and suddenly, the child from within appears, and the man is at last at peace...his life is over for others, yet for him, it has just begun. 

51 comments:

  1. That story was great, I get what you mean man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that picture was good... i hope u can find ur artistic side soon would love to see more of ur work

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice story. I really like the charcoal also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story. Keep with the art, I wish I had half that talent, I don't like seeing people let it go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some talent. I like to draw and all that too, took a few years of art class but haven't really been interested in it anymore. If you're still having trouble I would suggest finding something that inspires you. Maybe pour over some of your older work and use that propel yourself off of.

    Since you like writing you could try creating a story and use that to help yourself visualize something you want to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some good creativity in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you usually have something on your mind and it's influencing your dreams.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cant help but keep looking at the picture.. it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I've never been to the Rocky Horror show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wish i was artistic i cant draw stick figguers lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Rocky Horror pic is awesome; And I love the ending to that story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Artistic...ity(?) sure, Artisticity is something that you can bring back with practice. I did it with my music, I'm sure you can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your artistic side is still there. You are just channeling it in a different way. That is where your story comes into play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool blog you got here. You should check mine out. I just got it started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of you are deprived! HAven't seen Rocky Horror pshaw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow nice drawing! I really can't draw for crap. You have some skill here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think if you tried drawing some more you'll find it coming back to you. But certainly writing more is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i don't think you lost any talent , but post more pls

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the pic. The red lipstick really makes it stand out a lot from the otherwise gloomy looking colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its not bad, I think you should get back into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think vidya games ate my artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pic looks really neat! if you still can draw like that perhaps, you should be hired to make promotional posters and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet blog bro. Check mine out, and make sure you let me know when yours is updated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very good drawing! Wish I had the skills that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow thats a great pic man. good luck getting your groove back

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey dude nice blog following! :d

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice art, and good story. I have no idea why, but at one point, the part with the skin flakes thing, Cthulhu crossed my mind. It's not the same style, so I dunno why that happened, but it did. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved the picture you posted. Don't give up just because you made one not so good piece. Just keep practicing you'll get your talent back =D

    ReplyDelete
  29. good stuff, gunna keep following for sure ;D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice drawing and writing skills man,really.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm on to you sir. Very nice story indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome pic i would buy something like that

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish i could do stuff like that, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  34. very nice use of adjectives and descriptions.. i wish i could write that vividly..

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is pretty sweet actually, good work

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need to resurrect the artist in me too it's been dead for yeaaaaars. btw you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome picture was a little creepy though

    ReplyDelete