Friday, November 5, 2010

Finally.....

I'm done.....found the item that went on the one wall. It's a wrought iron piece of artwork, I just decided to pick up some flat black spray paint and paint it black. So now it doesn't have that rust looking color anymore. I kept thinking a Ansel Adams print, but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and all the ones I saw were way to big for that wall, this piece fits nicely. I found it at a place called Brass Armadillo here in Phoenix. That place still rocks. So much stuff there. Basically think of it as an antique and collectable store that people come in rent cases and such and put their stuff in it. There were a few antique Zippos I saw I was drooling over, and a couple Antique Safety Razors and straight Razors. Actually it looked like an entire shaving case lol, but here is what I chose. I took a pic in the mirror so you can get a better view of it.













So what do you think? I like to think I have some decent taste in things lol. And thanks to everyone who commented on the progression of the bathrooms, honestly, I didn't know if it was going to be worth it but it is now that everything is done.....well minus the pony wall which will be finished when the contractor gets back from Mexico. You really wouldn't know it wasn't done by looking at it, but it isn't lol.

Also I actually cleaned off my patio with all the tools and crap like that, so I have that back, I just don't have the backyard portion where all the old crap was placed, I'm tossing that out little by little each week till he comes back and we can get the big crap to the dump in his truck.

I decided to do something a bit different tonight. I'm actually writing this first and checking everyones blog after I'm done rather then the other way around. I don't know why. I just decided to do it lol.

Don't be surprised if you see me posting anything Monty Python, or Black Adder quite often....trust me the shits funny. You'll love it lol

31 comments:

  1. The iron art is sweet. More wall decorations should be made of wrought iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thea iron is very nice,the black paint goes with the white wall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is much better then celtic cross! It looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool piece. Also, great act, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed much better than a cross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "oh we used to dream of living in a corridor..." ha, up hill, both ways, in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look pretty good, also, go Python!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, Monty Phyton is amazing, the movie was so cool xDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is one of my all time fave monty python routines!
    our DAD BEAT US TO DEATH

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks really cool, also like if you're trying to hypnotize people

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kewl story, bra! waiting for updates from you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im usually not a fan of Monty Python.

    Sweet piece for the bathroom btw. I am also wary of decorating without function. Like, I figure if I am going to decorate with a piece, it also has to serve some function or have some significance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that gives me something to think about

    ReplyDelete